About the Firm
Dedicated Divorce and Family Law Firm Serves Leesburg, VA & Charlottesville, VA
Helping you navigate difficult divorce and family law issues
Attorneys Nan Joseph and Ann W. Mische joined forces to form Joseph & Mische, P.C., dedicated to the practice of family and divorce law in Virginia. With more than 70 years of combined experience, we are a powerful force when we represent you and your family. We recognize that a non-litigious solution is usually the most practical approach to a family dispute, but when an opposing party proves unreasonable, we are fully prepared to fight aggressively in court. Our smart, decisive, and efficient family lawyers work diligently to get the results you need.
Personalized service and customized legal solutions
At Joseph & Mische, you benefit from one-on-one attention that focuses on your goals and concerns. When you retain our services, you can expect us to be:
- Dedicated — We only practice family law and divorce, and we never take on more cases than we can manage with close, personalized attention.
- Experienced — Both of our partner attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for their high ethical standards and professional conduct. Both have been listed in the Top Attorneys in the DC Metro Area, Super Lawyers, and Best Lawyers in America.
- Knowledgeable — After decades of practice, we have profound and detailed understanding of Virginia family law as well as of procedures in the courts where we practice.
Every family is different — presenting a unique set of challenges. We tailor legal solutions to your specific situation, no matter the size or complexity of your case.
Areas of Practice
Charlottesville and Leesburg family lawyers providing solid representation
We have extensive experience in the negotiation and trial of your divorce
and family law
- Uncontested divorce — The quickest, easiest, and least expensive way to dissolve your marriage is through an uncontested divorce.
- Child support — Although Virginia has statutory guidelines for child support, the court has the discretion to deviate upwards or downwards based on various factors. We pursue results that reflect your financial reality and serve the best interests of your children.
- Child custody and visitation — A judge who doesn’t know you or your family must have proper guidance to render decisions that impact your children’s future. We present the court with specific, relevant facts to consider when determining what child custody arrangement serves the best interests of your children.
- Spousal support — Whether you pay or receive support, alimony is one of the most important issues affecting your future. We advocate strongly for your interests to help you avoid financial hardship.
- Premarital agreements — If you are planning to be married, we can help you negotiate and draft fair, reasonable premarital agreements that secure your property rights.
We are adept at negotiating practical solutions, but if litigation becomes necessary, you can have confidence in our courtroom skills and our resolve to deliver positive results.
Decades of successful service to Virginia families
Joseph & Mische, P.C. represents individuals and families throughout Virginia, focusing on Charlottesville, Leesburg, and the communities in between. With Ann Mische heading up the Charlottesville office and Nan Joseph in Leesburg, our firm represents your interests in a caring and professional manner.
Contact our Charlottesville and Leesburg law firm for your divorce and family law issues
For help with your divorce and family law matters, call the Charlottesville office of Joseph & Mische, P.C. at 434.260.8749 or the Leesburg office at 703.777.7740, or contact the firm online
to schedule a confidential appointment.
At initial consultations, in person or over the phone, we attempt to provide you with a full overview of your case and a legal analysis of your options, usually within one hour. We charge the attorney’s regular hourly rate and payment is expected at the time of this service.