Knowledgeable Family Law Lawyers Assist You in Charlottesville, VA
Dedicated attorneys thoroughly address your legal concerns
When a legal issue strikes at the heart of your family, you need a family lawyer who is capable and determined to provide an effective resolution as quickly as possible. At Joseph & Mische, P.C., our attorneys draw on more than 70 years of civil court experience. Because we have dedicated our practice to family law and divorce exclusively, we have deep and detailed knowledgeable of applicable Virginia law and court procedure. When you retain our services, you can be confident in our ability and our determination to deliver positive results.
Experience with a wide array of family law issues in Virginia
From our offices in Charlottesville, Joseph & Mische provides highly personalized family law services. Clients come to us for guidance on domestic matters involving:
- Divorce — Whether your breakup has been amicable or contentious, we will guide you through the divorce process to ensure your rights and those of your children are protected and your marriage is dissolved on the most favorable terms.
- Adoption — When it’s time to add a member to your family, we take you securely through the process, so you can be confident your adoption is legally sound. We help with domestic and international adoptions, public and private agency adoptions, foster child adoptions, open adoptions, stepparent adoptions, and even grandparent adoptions.
- Annulment — Rather than a divorce, which dissolves a valid marriage, an annulment declares an invalid marriage null and void. Grounds for a civil annulment include lack of capacity, bigamy, consanguinity, fraud, impotence, underage party, undisclosed history of prostitution or felony conviction, partner having a child by another person, duress, and formation for a sham purpose.
- Paternity — Single mothers seeking child support and putative fathers seeking custody or visitation must establish paternity before the court can enforce their rights.
- Premarital agreements — We help engaged persons protect their property rights by negotiating, drafting, reviewing, and executing premarital agreements that can stand up in court if the couple decides to divorce.
- Relocation — One of the most difficult child custody issues arises when a custodial parent wants to relocate out of state or at a distance that burdens the custody or visitation rights of the other parent. We help our clients negotiate parenting plans that preserve their parental rights, or we litigate the issue to block or win permission for a relocation.
- Modification and enforcement of orders — If you are living under a divorce decree, you may experience changes in your life that make the terms of your child support or alimony order unduly burdensome. Rather than violate a court order, you must seek a modification from the court. We represent parties seeking post-divorce modification and those opposing changes.
Whatever the source of your family law conflict, you get experienced and dedicated representation from our attorneys in Charlottesville.
Contact our family law attorneys in Charlottesville
For knowledgeable and reliable representation, trust a family law firm with more than 70 years of combined experience. Call the Charlottesville office of Joseph & Mische, P.C. at 434.260.8749 or contact the firm online to schedule a confidential appointment.